Apparently, there can never be too many clothes maintenance tips. Most of you enjoy shopping and refreshing your wardrobe contents, but there are those pieces that you particularly like and wish to be able to enjoy them longer. Check out this humongous tips list:
- Sort out the clothes before washing. In other words, separate the fabrics in terms of colour (white or dark), lightness (or heaviness), and lastly, never wash towels with the rest of the clothes.
- Be aware of the washing machine capacity. When the machine is not overloaded, clothes have more space to move which means higher efficiency. Also, you reduce the risk of damaging the clothes.
- Jeans should be washed inside out. It may sound strange, but this method preserves the colour of them.
- Most clothes can be worn more than once in between washing. Obviously, this excludes underwear.
- Dry cleaning isn’t always the best idea. There are two downsides to dry cleaning – it’s expensive and utilizes strong chemicals. The former damages your wallet, while the latter damages your clothes. You can still dry clean your clothes, but make sure it’s only when absolutely necessary. You also can use steamer instead by buying the top steamer.
- Clothes hangers quality and material really matter. Bad, easy to bend wire hangers will make the clothes lose its shape, mostly around the shoulders. That being said, you should invest in getting stronger wood hangers. Continue reading →